LegisLink is our online advocacy service. Through LegisLink, you can stay informed about state and federal legislation that affects cancer care and get tools and talking points for letting your legislators know your stance.
The US Oncology Network’s advocacy efforts are informed by our stated principles for reform. We believe that:
1. All cancer patients should:
• Have access to integrated outpatient care in the community where they live
• Receive high-quality, evidence-based, comprehensive care
• Have access to clinical trials studying the latest promising therapies
• Be assured the drugs administered to them are genuine and unadulterated
• Obtain needed care without the threat of severe financial hardship and without regard to ability to pay
2. All patients with incurable cancers or late-stage disease should:
• Receive clear communication about their prognosis
• Have access to high-quality, evidence-based palliative care, supportive care and end-of-life planning as appropriate to meet their individual physical, mental, social and spiritual needs
3. Payment policies should incentivize physicians to provide high-quality, evidence-based care that reflects clinical excellence and value.
4. Payors should incentivize the use of healthcare information technology to empower efficient, high-quality cancer care.
The LegisLink Action Center is one of our main vehicles for cancer-care advocacy. Through LegisLink, we provide cancer-care advocates with tools, structure and support.
Through LegisLink, you can:
• Learn about legislative issues affecting cancer care in your state and the U.S. at large
• Search for lawmakers in your area and find complete contact information
• Locate resources for setting up cancer center site visits
• View our Principles for Reform
• Join our Good Government Committee
Take Action Today