Together: A Better Way To Fight Cancer
The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills commitment is to improve patient care by adopting a comprehensive and multi-disciplinary approach designed to enhance your care by improving curability and diminishing side effects. All patients seen are peer-reviewed by our physicians and physics staff using our nationally-developed, treatment guidelines.
As the only American College of Radiology accredited facility in Beverly Hills, The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills is known for providing quality, personalized cancer care in our community. Our Board-Certified Radiation Oncologists are here to partner with you for your care, providing radiation treatment using best practice treatment guidelines that result in favorable outcomes. We encourage you and your loved ones to see us for a second opinion to help inform and navigate your care.
Our physicians and staff are committed to supporting you throughout your journey, from diagnosis to treatment, your post-treatment phase and beyond. We provide positive reinforcement every step of the way. We offer you the best technologies and experience to support you and your goals. Each member of our care team has a unique role in your day-to-day care and all are committed in working together, while providing answers to questions you and your family may have.
The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills is part of The US Oncology Network, which has more than 1,400 affiliated physicians with expertise in medical oncology, hematology, radiation oncology, gynecologic oncology, urology, oncology surgery and other specialties at more than 400 sites of care in 26 states, treating over 1.1 million patients annually. The Network provides strong and comprehensive practice management capabilities and value-based care expertise that are critical for practices navigating today’s challenging healthcare landscape. The Network is supported by McKesson Specialty Health, an industry leader in solutions that empower the community patient care delivery system to advance the science, technology and quality of care.
9229 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Contact Information
P: (310) 651-9292
F: (310) 888-8794
May-Lin Tao, MD, MSPH
Dr. Tao graduated from Yale University cum laude and received her MD from New York University School of Medicine. She completed 2 years of post-graduate training in pediatric medicine at Boston Childrens Hospital and her residency in radiation oncology at the Harvard Joint Center of Radiation Therapy in Boston. She also obtained a masters degree in health services research from the UCLA School of Public Health. She was on faculty at the UCLA School of Medicine and was the co-director of their Pediatric Brain Tumor Program.
Dr. Tao is board certified in radiation oncology. She holds or has held leadership roles in the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) and Quality Research in Radiation Oncology (QRRO). She has been a principal investigator for several funded clinical trials, and has had numerous academic publications with a special emphasis on breast cancer treatment, survivorship and quality of life.
Her areas of special interest are breast cancer, head and neck cancer, and skin cancers.
Undergraduate: Yale University
Medical School: New York University School of Medicine
Internship: Boston Children's Hospital Harvard Medical School
Residency: Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Harvard Medical School
Board Certification: American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology)
• Vice-Chair, American College of Radiology, Quality of Research in Radiation Oncology, Breast Committee
• Member, American College of Radiology, Quality of Research in Radiation Oncology, Electronic Data Systems and Data Management Committee
• Owen JB, Khalid N, Ho A. Kachnic LA, Komaki R, Tao ML, Currey A, Wilson HF. Can Patient comorbidities be included in clinical performance measures for radiation oncology? J Oncol Pract. 10(3):e175-81 (May2014)
• Rose DR, Tisnado DT, Tao ML, Malin JL, Adams JL, Ganz PA, Kahn KLPrevalence, Predictors and Patient Outcomes Associated with Physician Co-management: Findings from Los Angeles Women’s Health Study, Health Serv Res, in press.
Henry Yampolsky, MD
Dr. Henry Yampolsky is a board certified Radiation Oncologist practicing at The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills and West Hills Radiation Therapy Center. He completed his Radiation Oncology specialty training at the University of Southern California/Norris Cancer Center and LAC+USC Medical Center. While at USC, Dr. Yampolsky acquired broad clinical expertise in the treatment of a wide range of cancers, as well as extensive experience with intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), stereotactic radiotherapy and gynecologic brachytherapy.
In addition, Dr. Yampolsky has designed and participated in several clinical trials investigating novel cancer treatments. He has presented his research in lymphoma/leukemia and in radiation treatment planning techniques at several scientific meetings.
Not only does Dr. Yampolsky specialize in Stereotactic Body RadioTherapy (SBRT)and Stereotactic Ablative RadioTherapy, but his other areas of expertise include Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Stereotactic RadioSurgery (SRS), and volumetric arc Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (RapidArc) for a wide spectrum of malignancies including prostate, lung, breast, head and neck, rectal, and hepatobiliary cancers.
Dr. Yampolsky is one of only a few Russian-speaking radiation oncologists in the United States. He grew up in the former Soviet Union where he studied computer science at one of the most prestigious universities in Moscow. After immigrating to the United States in 1992, Dr. Yampolsky graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a B.S. in Biochemistry. He received his M.D. degree from the University of Southern California.
Undergraduate: University of California at Los Angeles
Medical School: Vanderbilt University /Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Internship: Kaiser Perminente
Residency: University of Southern California /Keck School of Medicine
Board Certification: The American Board of Radiology
• ASTRO - American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• ASCO - American Society for Clinical Oncology
• D. Douer, H. Yampolsky, L.J. Cohen, L.A. Periciou K. Watkins, A.M. Levine and V.I. Avramis. PEG-Asparaginase In A Remission Induction Regimen For Newly Diagnosed Adult Acute Lumphoblastic Leukemia, Blood; 2006 Nov 28
• K. Watkins, V. Avramis, D. Douer. The Use Of Peg-Asparaginase instead of E.Colk L-Asparaginase In A Remission Induction Regimen For Newly Diagnosed Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics, USC School of Medicine, Los Angeles. (presented at the Medical Student Research Forum 2000, University of Southern California School of Medicine).
• Yampolsky H. Initial Clinical Experience With Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) For Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) For Brain Metastases. 10th International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society Congress, Abstract #2040, May 2011
• Yampolsky H, Martyn, D. Squire, T. Hartwick, M. Botnick, L. Botnick, C. Rose. Comparison Of Plan Quality Provided By Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy And Helical Tomotherapy. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics Volume 75, Issue 3, Supplement , Pages S728-S729, 1 November 2009
• Etemadnia A, Yampolsky H. Comparison of conventional vs. software-based methods for Rapid Arc based SRS QA. Radiotherapy and Oncology Vol. 99 Supplement 1, Page S566
Leslie Botnick, MD
Dr. Leslie Botnick is a board certified Radiation Oncologist practicing at The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills. Dr. Botnick is the Founder, Chief Medical Officer, and Executive Officer of Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group. He received a Bachelors of Arts Degree from Brooklyn College followed by a Medical Degree from New York Medical College. He interned at Metropolitan Hospital in New York before serving his residency at the Harvard Joint Center for Radiation Therapy in Boston. He later became Chief Resident at the Joint Center. He was Medical Director of Radiation Oncology at the Beth Israel Hospital in Boston. Dr. Botnick has written over 40 publications on Breast Cancer, Hodgkin’s, Head and Neck Cancer and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Repair.
Dr. Botnick is the co-founder of Vantage Oncology, which is now part of The US Oncology Network of cancer centers.
Dr. Botnick is currently associated with several health systems throughout Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside Counties in California, including the nationally renowned John Wayne Cancer Institute. Dr. Botnick is also listed in Who’s Who of Doctors in America and in Good Housekeeping magazine as a leading physician in the treatment of Breast Cancer. Dr. Botnick is a participant on the notably syndicated weekly radio show “The Group Room,” a show dedicated to the clinical and psychosocial support of cancer patients.
Areas of expertise include Breast, Prostate, Pancreatic and Rectal Cancer as well as Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
Undergraduate: Brooklyn College
Medical School: New York Medical College
Internship: Metropolitan Hospital
Residency: Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Harvard Medical School, Chief Resident
• 1973-75 Clinical Fellow, Radiation Oncology Harvard Medical School Boston, MA
• 1975-76 Research Fellow, Radiation Oncology Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Boston, MA
• 1976-77 Clinical Fellow, Radiation Oncology Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Boston, MA
• American Board of Radiology, Therapeutic Radiology
• American College of Radiology
• American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• New England Society for Radiation Oncology
• Cell Kinetics Society
• Radiation Research Society
• American Society of Clinical Oncology
• American Association for Cancer Research
• Los Angeles County Medical Association
• California Radiology Society
• California Medical Association
• Los Angeles Radiological Society
• Southern California Academy of Clinical Oncology
• Society for the Study of Breast Disease
• American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• Samuel Hellman, Botnick L.E., Peter Mauch, Stem-Cell Biology and Cancer Therapy: The More Things Change...J. Clin. Oncol. 26:6, 821-822, 2008.
• Turner R.R., Chu K.U., Qi K., Botnick L.E., Hansen N.M., Glass E.C., Giuliano, A.E.: Pathologic features associated with nonsentinel lymph node metastases in patients with metastatic breast carcinoma in a sentinel lymph node. Cancer 2000 August 1; 89(3):574-81.
Christopher Rose, MD, FACR, FASTRO
Dr. Christopher Rose is a board certified Radiation Oncologist and serves as Medical Director of The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills. Dr. Rose is both the Technical and Associate Director of Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group. He received his B.S. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Upon graduation, he served an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, followed by a residency in Radiation Oncology at the Harvard Joint Center for Radiation Therapy. Dr. Rose was a Visiting Clinical Scientist at the Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Marsden Hospital, University of London in Great Britain. He was an Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Rose was Chairman of the Board of Directors and President of the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, the professional society of Radiation Oncology. He is Past President of the Council of Affiliated Regional Radiation Oncology Societies of the American College of Radiology, Past President of the California Radiation Oncology Society, and Counselor of the American College of Radiology. He was the Expert Physician reviewer for radiation oncology for the California Medicare Carrier and advisor to the Health Care Financing Agency Clinical Practice Expense Panel. He is currently a member of the Medicare Coverage Advisory Commission and Vice Chair of the NCI-sponsored Quality Research in Radiation Oncology Study.
Dr. Rose has published more than 50 articles on the treatment of Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer and physico-chemical methods of radiation sensitization. He is one of three radiation oncologists who received the Donald Coffey Clinician Scientist Award of the Prostate Cancer Foundation. He is the 2008 Gold Medalist of the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology. He is listed in Best Doctors in America.
Areas of expertise include Prostate, Breast, Skin, Rectal, Esophageal, and Lung Cancer as well as Bone Metastases.
Undergraduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Medical School: Harvard Medical School
Internship: Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
Residency: Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital; Radiation Therapy, Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Boston, MA
• The American Board of Radiology, Therapeutic Radiology
• 1991-Present Council of Affiliated Radiation Oncology Societiesm (CARROS), American College of Radiology
• 1994-Present Commissioner, Commission on Radiation Oncology, ACR
• 1992-Present Commission on Radiation Oncology, ACR
• 2005-Present Vice Chair, American College of Radiology Quality Research in Radiation Oncology Research Grant
• 2005-Present Vice Chair, ASTRO Quality Task Force
• 2007-Present Member, Medicare Coverage Advisory Committee
• 2007-Present Member, ASCO Quality Committee
• 2007-Present Co-Chair, ASTRO Quality Steering Committee
• Rose, C., Stovall, E., Ganz, P.A,, Desch, C., Hewitt, M. Cancer Quality Alliance: Blueprint for a better cancer care system. CA Cancer J Clin., 58: 266-292, 2008. • McCloskey SA, Botnick L.E., Rose C.M., Malcolm A.W., Ozohan M.L., Mena R., Llamas L., Tao M.L. Long-term outcomes after breast conservation therapy for early stage breast cancer in a community setting. Breast J. (2006 Feb 1) 12(2): 138-144
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- RapidArc Radiotherapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Computer Tomography (CT) Scanning & Simulation
- Respiratory Gating
WHAT OUR PATIENT SAY
I will forever be gratefulto The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills for my recent treatment. I will always be greateful for the extra care you provided me. - Thomas T.
Their equipment is state-of-the-art, their doctors are the best, their technicians are highly professional, nurses and the receptionist are pleasant, helpful and informative. I was consistently treated professionally with wonderful care and compassion.
The professional skill and compassionexhibited by all of those in this treatment center was most impressive. The result of my treatment has been phenominal and I am moving on with life. One can certainly understand why I consider The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills to be the most vital asset of this area.
"I am surviving stage IV Lung Cancer todaydue mostly to the radiation treatment recently received from The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills. Dr. Yampolsky is the best doctor I have ever seen. For the 1st time in my adult life I did not feel like a widget on an assembly line. The positive attitude and hope I felt was sincere and came from everyone involved with my care to include the administrative staff at the center. I'm determined to not just survive this cancer, but I intend to beat it completely. I 'am so pleased and relieved to have found you."
"Dear Dr. Tao. Thank you for the excellent care I received during my radiation treatments. You and your staff have all been so positive and professional. Have lunch on me as a thank you. With gratitude, L.R."
"Thank you allfor the professional care you gave, your pleasant smiles and friendly attitudes. You've helped give this old man a longer lease on life to enjoy this great country and our beautiful planet."
"Thanks for being a positive part of my lifefor the last several months. Even though I'm thrilled my treatments are over, I know I will miss you all."
"Your entire staff was just great. They are patient kind and thoughtful. Keep the good work up helping other people."
Testimonials about Dr. May Lin Tao
Testimonials about Dr. Henry Yampolsky
Testimonials about Dr. Leslie Botnick
Testimonials about Dr. Christopher Rose
NEW PATIENT CHECKLIST
The patient portal allows patients to manage their personal health information electronically at their own convenience.