- Location Information
9229 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
P: (310) 651-9292
F: (310) 888-8794
Your first appointment
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and bring the following:
- Other doctor’s names and phone numbers
- Insurance cards
- Medical history
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Driver’s license, military ID or passport for photo identification
We treat cancer by creating an environment of wellness surrounding the patient with exceptional medical professionals, vast clinical expertise, and technical resources. We become part of every community we serve and work with other organizations to bring awareness and education to those affected by cancer.
As the only American College of Radiology accredited facility in Beverly Hills, The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills is known for providing quality, personalized cancer care in our community. Our Board-Certified Radiation Oncologists partner closely with our patients providing radiation treatment using best practice treatment guidelines that result in favorable outcomes. We feature a dedicated Oncology Nurse, full range of state of the art radiotherapy treatment techniques, including stereotactic, image-guided, cardiac sparing in breast cancer, and adaptive radiotherapy, electronic medical record with electronic prescribing, and free on-site valet parking. The physicians at the center are also part of a collaborative, cross institutional, multi-disciplinary team who have decades of expertise in pioneering new technologic approaches for optimizing long term outcomes in breast and prostate cancer.
Dr. May-Lin Tao
May-Lin Tao, MD, MSPH
Dr. Tao graduated from Yale University cum laude and received her MD from New York University School of Medicine. She completed 2 years of post-graduate training in pediatric medicine at Boston Childrens Hospital and her residency in radiation oncology at the Harvard Joint Center of Radiation Therapy in Boston. She also obtained a masters degree in health services research from the UCLA School of Public Health. She was on faculty at the UCLA School of Medicine and was the co-director of their Pediatric Brain Tumor Program.
Dr. Tao is board certified in radiation oncology. She holds or has held leadership roles in the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) and Quality Research in Radiation Oncology (QRRO). She has been a principal investigator for several funded clinical trials, and has had numerous academic publications with a special emphasis on breast cancer treatment, survivorship and quality of life.
Her areas of special interest are breast cancer, head and neck cancer, and skin cancers.
Undergraduate: Yale University
Medical School: New York University School of Medicine
Internship: Boston Children's Hospital Harvard Medical School
Residency: Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Harvard Medical School
Board Certification: American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology)
• Vice-Chair, American College of Radiology, Quality of Research in Radiation Oncology, Breast Committee
• Member, American College of Radiology, Quality of Research in Radiation Oncology, Electronic Data Systems and Data Management Committee
• Owen JB, Khalid N, Ho A. Kachnic LA, Komaki R, Tao ML, Currey A, Wilson HF. Can Patient comorbidities be included in clinical performance measures for radiation oncology? J Oncol Pract. 10(3):e175-81 (May2014)
• Rose DR, Tisnado DT, Tao ML, Malin JL, Adams JL, Ganz PA, Kahn KLPrevalence, Predictors and Patient Outcomes Associated with Physician Co-management: Findings from Los Angeles Women’s Health Study, Health Serv Res, in press.
Dr. Henry Yampolsky
Henry Yampolsky, MD
Dr. Henry Yampolsky is a board certified Radiation Oncologist practicing at The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills and West Hills Radiation Therapy Center. He completed his Radiation Oncology specialty training at the University of Southern California/Norris Cancer Center and LAC+USC Medical Center. While at USC, Dr. Yampolsky acquired broad clinical expertise in the treatment of a wide range of cancers, as well as extensive experience with intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), stereotactic radiotherapy and gynecologic brachytherapy.
In addition, Dr. Yampolsky has designed and participated in several clinical trials investigating novel cancer treatments. He has presented his research in lymphoma/leukemia and in radiation treatment planning techniques at several scientific meetings.
Not only does Dr. Yampolsky specialize in Stereotactic Body RadioTherapy (SBRT)and Stereotactic Ablative RadioTherapy, but his other areas of expertise include Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Stereotactic RadioSurgery (SRS), and volumetric arc Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (RapidArc) for a wide spectrum of malignancies including prostate, lung, breast, head and neck, rectal, and hepatobiliary cancers.
Dr. Yampolsky is one of only a few Russian-speaking radiation oncologists in the United States. He grew up in the former Soviet Union where he studied computer science at one of the most prestigious universities in Moscow. After immigrating to the United States in 1992, Dr. Yampolsky graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a B.S. in Biochemistry. He received his M.D. degree from the University of Southern California.
Undergraduate: University of California at Los Angeles
Medical School: Vanderbilt University /Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Internship: Kaiser Perminente
Residency: University of Southern California /Keck School of Medicine
Board Certification: The American Board of Radiology
• ASTRO - American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• ASCO - American Society for Clinical Oncology
• D. Douer, H. Yampolsky, L.J. Cohen, L.A. Periciou K. Watkins, A.M. Levine and V.I. Avramis. PEG-Asparaginase In A Remission Induction Regimen For Newly Diagnosed Adult Acute Lumphoblastic Leukemia, Blood; 2006 Nov 28
• K. Watkins, V. Avramis, D. Douer. The Use Of Peg-Asparaginase instead of E.Colk L-Asparaginase In A Remission Induction Regimen For Newly Diagnosed Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics, USC School of Medicine, Los Angeles. (presented at the Medical Student Research Forum 2000, University of Southern California School of Medicine).
• Yampolsky H. Initial Clinical Experience With Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) For Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) For Brain Metastases. 10th International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society Congress, Abstract #2040, May 2011
• Yampolsky H, Martyn, D. Squire, T. Hartwick, M. Botnick, L. Botnick, C. Rose. Comparison Of Plan Quality Provided By Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy And Helical Tomotherapy. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics Volume 75, Issue 3, Supplement , Pages S728-S729, 1 November 2009
• Etemadnia A, Yampolsky H. Comparison of conventional vs. software-based methods for Rapid Arc based SRS QA. Radiotherapy and Oncology Vol. 99 Supplement 1, Page S566
Dr. Leslie Botnick
Leslie Botnick, MD
Dr. Leslie Botnick is a board certified Radiation Oncologist practicing at The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills. Dr. Botnick is the Founder, Chief Medical Officer, and Executive Officer of Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group. He received a Bachelors of Arts Degree from Brooklyn College followed by a Medical Degree from New York Medical College. He interned at Metropolitan Hospital in New York before serving his residency at the Harvard Joint Center for Radiation Therapy in Boston. He later became Chief Resident at the Joint Center. He was Medical Director of Radiation Oncology at the Beth Israel Hospital in Boston. Dr. Botnick has written over 40 publications on Breast Cancer, Hodgkin’s, Head and Neck Cancer and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Repair.
Dr. Botnick is the co-founder of Vantage Oncology, which is now part of The US Oncology Network of cancer centers.
Dr. Botnick is currently associated with several health systems throughout Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside Counties in California, including the nationally renowned John Wayne Cancer Institute. Dr. Botnick is also listed in Who’s Who of Doctors in America and in Good Housekeeping magazine as a leading physician in the treatment of Breast Cancer. Dr. Botnick is a participant on the notably syndicated weekly radio show “The Group Room,” a show dedicated to the clinical and psychosocial support of cancer patients.
Areas of expertise include Breast, Prostate, Pancreatic and Rectal Cancer as well as Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
Undergraduate: Brooklyn College
Medical School: New York Medical College
Internship: Metropolitan Hospital
Residency: Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Harvard Medical School, Chief Resident
• 1973-75 Clinical Fellow, Radiation Oncology Harvard Medical School Boston, MA
• 1975-76 Research Fellow, Radiation Oncology Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Boston, MA
• 1976-77 Clinical Fellow, Radiation Oncology Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Boston, MA
• American Board of Radiology, Therapeutic Radiology
• American College of Radiology
• American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• New England Society for Radiation Oncology
• Cell Kinetics Society
• Radiation Research Society
• American Society of Clinical Oncology
• American Association for Cancer Research
• Los Angeles County Medical Association
• California Radiology Society
• California Medical Association
• Los Angeles Radiological Society
• Southern California Academy of Clinical Oncology
• Society for the Study of Breast Disease
• American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• Samuel Hellman, Botnick L.E., Peter Mauch, Stem-Cell Biology and Cancer Therapy: The More Things Change...J. Clin. Oncol. 26:6, 821-822, 2008.
• Turner R.R., Chu K.U., Qi K., Botnick L.E., Hansen N.M., Glass E.C., Giuliano, A.E.: Pathologic features associated with nonsentinel lymph node metastases in patients with metastatic breast carcinoma in a sentinel lymph node. Cancer 2000 August 1; 89(3):574-81
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- RapidArc Radiotherapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Computer Tomography (CT) Scanning & Simulation
- Respiratory Gating
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY
I will forever be grateful to The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills for my recent treatment. I will always be grateful for the extra care you provided me. - Thomas T
Their equipment is state-of-the-art, their doctors are the best, their technicians are highly professional, nurses and the receptionist are pleasant, helpful and informative. I was consistently treated professionally with wonderful care and compassion.
The professional skill and compassion exhibited by all of those in this treatment center was most impressive. The result of my treatment has been phenominal and I am moving on with life. One can certainly understand why I consider The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills to be the most vital asset of this area.
"I am surviving stage IV Lung Cancer today due mostly to the radiation treatment recently received from The Center for Radiation Therapy of Beverly Hills. Dr. Yampolsky is the best doctor I have ever seen. For the 1st time in my adult life I did not feel like a widget on an assembly line. The positive attitude and hope I felt was sincere and came from everyone involved with my care to include the administrative staff at the center. I'm determined to not just survive this cancer, but I intend to beat it completely. I am so pleased and relieved to have found you."
"Dear Dr. Tao. "Thank you for the excellent care I received during my radiation treatments. You and your staff have all been so positive and professional. Have lunch on me as a thank you. With gratitude, L.R."
"Thank you all for the professional care you gave, your pleasant smiles and friendly attitudes. You've helped give this old man a longer lease on life to enjoy this great country and our beautiful planet."
"Thanks for being a positive part of my life for the last several months. Even though I'm thrilled my treatments are over, I know I will miss you all."
"Your entire staff was just great. They are patient kind and thoughtful. Keep the good work up helping other people."
Testimonials about Dr. May Lin Tao
Testimonials about Dr. Henry Yampolsky
Testimonials about Dr. Leslie Botnick
Testimonials about Dr. Christopher Rose
NEW PATIENT CHECKLIST
The patient portal allows patients to manage their personal health information electronically at their own convenience.