- Location Information
5522 Sepulveda Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91411
P: (818) 997-1522
F: (818) 997-0705
Your first appointment
Please arrive 15-30 minutes prior (depending on paperwork needs) to your scheduled appointment and bring the following:
- Other doctor’s names and phone numbers
- Insurance cards
- Medical history
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Driver’s license, military ID or passport for photo identification
We treat cancer by creating an environment of wellness surrounding the patient with exceptional medical professionals, vast clinical expertise, and technical resources. We become part of every community we serve and work with other organizations to bring awareness and education to those affected by cancer.
We have 7 locations including Beverly Hills, Glendale, Los Angeles, Santa Clarita, Sherman Oaks, Mission Hills, and West Hills.
Dr. Marc Botnick
Marc Botnick, MD - Medical Director
Dr. Botnick has extensive experience with performing permanent seed prostate implants in addition to high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy implants for prostate, gynecologic and breast malignancies. He is one of the primary brachytherapists of Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group, performing implants at several facilities in the San Fernando Valley and the Los Angeles Westside area.
Dr. Botnick received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biology from the University of Pennsylvania followed by a Medical Degree from the Hahnemann University School of Medicine where he graduated in the top of his class, receiving entry into the Alpha Omega Alpha society. He completed his Radiation Oncology residency training at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York where he then dedicated an entire year towards advanced brachytherapy training.
He served as chief resident for prostate, breast and gynecologic cancers. He brought his medical practice to the San Fernando Valley in 2000 and assumed the role of Medical Director of Sherman Oaks Radiation Therapy center in late 2006. Dr. Botnick has acquired extensive knowledge of Image-Guided/Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IG/IMRT) and uses the TomoTherapy Hi-Art System® to treat sites such as prostate, head and neck, and pelvic malignancies.
Undergraduate: University of Pennsylvania
Medical School: Hahnemann University School of Medicine - Philadelphia, PA
Internship: Internal Medicine, Crozer-Chester Medical Center - Upland, PA
Residency: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center - New York, NY
• American Board of Radiology
• 1989 Cum Laude Honors - University of Pennsylvania
• 1991-92 Russell C. Fisher Scholarship - Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
• 1992-93 N. Volney Ludwick Scholarship - Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
• 1993-94 Marshall H. Read Scholarship - Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
• President Alpha Omega Alpha, Zeta Chapter - Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Lisa Chaiken
Lisa Chaiken, MD
Dr. Chaiken is a board certified Radiation Oncologist practicing at Saint Johns Medical Center in Santa Monica and Sherman Oaks Radiation Therapy Center. She has been in practice for over 20 years in the Santa Monica community.
Dr. Chaiken received her undergraduate degree, Phi Beta Kappa and Magna cum Laude, in History and Science from Harvard University. Her studies emphasized biological sciences, medical ethics, and historical factors influencing modern medicine. After receiving her medical degree from UCLA, she continued in the Department of Radiation Oncology, where she served as Chief Resident. After leaving UCLA, she still served as clinical faculty at the UCLA Breast Center for several years.
Dr. Chaiken has been involved in many aspects of clinical treatment with special interests in breast, prostate, head and neck, and gynecologic cancer. Her work on Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging of radiation oncology patients with head and neck cancer received the Residents Essay Award from the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology.
Undergraduate: Harvard University
Medical School: UCLA Medical School - Los Angeles, CA
Internship: Wadsworth VA Medical Center - Los Angeles, CA
Residency: UCLA Radiation Oncology
• American Board of Radiology
• 1984 Phi Beta Kappa, Radcliffe Chapter
• 1988 GRECC Co-Intern of the Year Award, Wadsworth Hospital
• 1989 Travel Grant, ASTRO, Washington, D.C., 1991
• 1991-1992 American Cancer Society, Clinical Fellow
• 1992 Residents Award, Southern California Radiation Oncology Society
• 1993 Resident Essay Award, ASTRO, for clinical research
• 1998-Present Best Doctors in America/Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine
- Xoft ® Axxent® Electonic Brachytherapy (eBx®) System®
- 3-D Conformal
- CT-Treatment Planning
- High dose rate brachytherapy (HDR)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Fractionated Stereotactic Brain Radiotherapy
- Permanent Prostate Seed Implants
NEW PATIENT CHECKLIST
The patient portal allows patients to manage their personal health information electronically at their own convenience.