- Location Information
1207 Azalea Place
Brewton, AL 36426
P: (251) 867-6544
F: (251) 867-6658
Your first appointment
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and bring the following:
- Other doctor’s names and phone numbers
- Insurance cards
- Medical history
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Driver’s license, military ID or passport for photo identification
Together: A Better Way To Fight Cancer
Gulf Coast Cancer Centers is a community-based radiation oncology practice that offers innovative treatment options using state of the art technology to achieve the best possible outcome for our patients. Our physicians and staff are dedicated to delivering the highest level of coordinated compassionate care while offering support to their families.
Gulf Coast Cancer Centers is part of The US Oncology Network, a community of more than 1,400 independent physicians dedicated to delivering value-based, integrated care for patients — close to home. The Network practices have more than 400 sites of care in over 25 states and treat over 850,000 patients annually.
Dr. Adam J. Huddleston
College: Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Medical School: Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL
Internship: Internal Medicine, Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando FL
Residency: Radiation Oncology, University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA; Chief Resident, University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Adam J. Huddleston completed his residency at the University of California Davis Cancer Center, where he also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Huddleston’s technical experience includes several types of external beam radiotherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer, among other cancers; and procedural/brachytherapy technology experience specifically targeting prostate cancer and gynecological malignancies.
• National Board of Medical Examiners
• Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
• American Brachytherapy Society
• American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• American Medical Association
• American College of Radiation Oncology
• National Medicine In-Service Examination Award
• Primary Care Physician Award
• Sara S. Armstrong Award for Compassionate Care
• UC Davis Medical School Research Mentor Award
• UC Davis Resident Medical Staff Committee
• J.N. Wong, A.J. Huddleston, J.P. Hunt, J.A. Purdy. Comparison of Brachial Plexus Dosimetry using Extended-field and Split-field Techniques in the Management of Head And Neck Cancer with Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011 Oct 1; 81 (2S):S537-S538.
• Zeidan OA, Huddleston AJ, Lee C, Langen KM, Kupelian PA, Meeks SL, Manon RR. A comparison of soft-tissue implanted markers and bony anatomy alignments for image-guided treatments and head-and-neck cancers. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Mar 1;76(3):767-74.
• T Willoughby, S Meeks, A Huddleston, P Kupelian, A Forbes (2007). “Lung Localiza-tion and Initial Shifts Based On Implanted Markers.” Medical Physics 34(6):2624.
• O. Zeidan, A. Huddleston, C. Lee, K. Langen, P. Kupelian, R. Manon, S. Meeks. Dosimetric Evaluation of Implanted Markers versus Bony Anatomy Based Daily Alignments for H&N Cancers. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meet-ing 2007, poster presentation.
• A. Huddleston, S. Zhen, L. Qi, D. Rash, S. Scudder, G. Leiserowitz, J. Mayadev (2014). “The Utility and Impact of A Vaginal Brachytherapy Boost to Pelvic Radiation in Stage 3 Endometrial Cancer”. Submitted for publication.
• D. Rash, B. Durbin-Johnson, J. Lim, S. Dieterich, A. Huddleston, S. Yi, J. Mayadev (2014). “Dose delivered to the lumbosacral plexus from high dose rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer”. Submitted for publication
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
Gulf Coast Cancer Centers files health insurance claims to many insurance carriers. The most common are:
- Aetna Life Insurance
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of AL
- Health Springs of AL
- Medicaid of AL Patients First
- Medicaid of AL
- Medicaid of FL
- Medicare Part B Primary
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Seniors First
- Tricare for Life
- United Healthcare
- We also accept Medicare supplemental insurance and Medicaid secondary.
The specific deductibles, co-insurance and co-pay amounts will be determined upon individual verification. These amounts are specific to the patient's carrier and their particular plan. We file claims for patients, and the patient is responsible for any charges not covered by their insurance carrier. For questions regarding insurance or billing, please contact Mary Troha or Beth Liner in Gulf Coast Cancer Centers' Gulf Shores office at (251) 948-7897 or toll free at (866) 970-GCCC (4222).
The patient portal allows patients to manage their personal health information electronically at their own convenience.