Together: A Better Way To Fight Cancer
Gulf Coast Cancer Centers is part of The US Oncology Network, a community of more than 1,400 affiliated physicians with expertise in medical oncology, hematology, radiation oncology, gynecologic oncology, urology, oncology surgery and other specialties. We believe local cancer care is better care. Practices in The Network deliver advanced integrated cancer care supported by a network of independent physicians who share expertise and resources to provide quality, value-based care close to home. The Network practices have more than 400 sites of care in over 25 states and treat over 850,000 patients annually. The Network is supported by McKesson Specialty Health, an industry leader in solutions that empower the community patient care delivery system to advance the science, technology and quality of care.
1207 Azalea Place
Brewton, AL 36426
- Contact Information
P: (251) 867-6544
F: (251) 867-6658
Our mission is to provide the highest quality care and service to cancer patients and their families. By establishing empathetic and honest relationships with your family, caregiver and referring physician, we are dedicated to you, our patient. We strive to be a recognized leader in providing radiation therapy with the latest technology, treatments and procedures. We empower you with knowledge, helping you understand the exact type and stage of your cancer, your treatment options, your care path and potential side effects - leading to a hopeful outcome.
Our clinical staff includes board-certified radiation oncologists, medical physicists, medical dosimetrists, and board-certified radiation therapists. In addition, our center partners with local medical oncologists to ensure our patients receive the most comprehensive care. Beyond their educational and professional accomplishments, our staff is second to none in the level of care and compassion it provides to every one of our patients at Gulf Coast Cancer Centers.
Gulf Coast Cancer Centers adheres to the treatment guidelines of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) among whose member institutions include the University of Alabama at Birmingham, the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at John's Hopkins, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, Dana Farber Cancer Institute at Mass General in Boston, the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, and the Stanford Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Gulf Coast Cancer Centers was the first free standing cancer center in the area to provide the advanced radiation treatments referred to as IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy) and IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy). IMRT and IGRT technologies are offered at all three of Gulf Coast Cancer Centers' locations in Brewton, Daphne and Foley. In addition, Gulf Coast Cancer Center offers respiratory gating, full-body stereotactic radiosurgery, BrainLAB and PET/CT technology at its Foley location.
By offering the very latest in treatment technologies, Gulf Coast Cancer Centers meets or exceeds the services provided in not-so-nearby cities such as Pensacola, Mobile and Montgomery. An example of our dedication to excellence is our status as the only practice in the state of Alabama to achieve affiliation with the prestigious Seattle Prostate Institute’s Proqura program.
Committed to Flexibility
Realizing the needs of our diverse patient population, we provide ultimately flexible treatment schedules allowing our patients to continue to lead their lives in as normal a manner possible. We gladly accommodate work schedules, tee-times, bridge games, and other important to-do's in life.
Our radiation oncologists have built and maintained personal relationships with experts in the fields of radiation, medical and surgical oncology across the United States, providing them the opportunity to confer with the nation's experts regarding treatment recommendations and the most current national experimental treatments.
Adam J. Huddleston, MD
College: Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Medical School: Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL
Internship: Internal Medicine, Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando FL
Residency: Radiation Oncology, University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA; Chief Resident, University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Adam J. Huddleston completed his residency at the University of California Davis Cancer Center, where he also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Huddleston’s technical experience includes several types of external beam radiotherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer, among other cancers; and procedural/brachytherapy technology experience specifically targeting prostate cancer and gynecological malignancies.
• National Board of Medical Examiners
• Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
• American Brachytherapy Society
• American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• American Medical Association
• American College of Radiation Oncology
• National Medicine In-Service Examination Award
• Primary Care Physician Award
• Sara S. Armstrong Award for Compassionate Care
• UC Davis Medical School Research Mentor Award
• UC Davis Resident Medical Staff Committee
• J.N. Wong, A.J. Huddleston, J.P. Hunt, J.A. Purdy. Comparison of Brachial Plexus Dosimetry using Extended-field and Split-field Techniques in the Management of Head And Neck Cancer with Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011 Oct 1; 81 (2S):S537-S538.
• Zeidan OA, Huddleston AJ, Lee C, Langen KM, Kupelian PA, Meeks SL, Manon RR. A comparison of soft-tissue implanted markers and bony anatomy alignments for image-guided treatments and head-and-neck cancers. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Mar 1;76(3):767-74.
• T Willoughby, S Meeks, A Huddleston, P Kupelian, A Forbes (2007). “Lung Localiza-tion and Initial Shifts Based On Implanted Markers.” Medical Physics 34(6):2624.
• O. Zeidan, A. Huddleston, C. Lee, K. Langen, P. Kupelian, R. Manon, S. Meeks. Dosimetric Evaluation of Implanted Markers versus Bony Anatomy Based Daily Alignments for H&N Cancers. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meet-ing 2007, poster presentation.
• A. Huddleston, S. Zhen, L. Qi, D. Rash, S. Scudder, G. Leiserowitz, J. Mayadev (2014). “The Utility and Impact of A Vaginal Brachytherapy Boost to Pelvic Radiation in Stage 3 Endometrial Cancer”. Submitted for publication.
• D. Rash, B. Durbin-Johnson, J. Lim, S. Dieterich, A. Huddleston, S. Yi, J. Mayadev (2014). “Dose delivered to the lumbosacral plexus from high dose rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer”. Submitted for publication
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
All new patients will be required to fill out forms including demographic and insurance information. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment in order to fill out new patient applications.
Please bring the following:
- Other doctors' names and phone numbers
- Insurance cards
- Medical history
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Drivers License, Military ID or Passport for photo identification
Gulf Coast Cancer Centers files health insurance claims to many insurance carriers. The most common are:
- Aetna Life Insurance
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of AL
- Health Springs of AL
- Medicaid of AL Patients First
- Medicaid of AL
- Medicaid of FL
- Medicare Part B Primary
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Seniors First
- Tricare for Life
- United Healthcare
- We also accept Medicare supplemental insurance and Medicaid secondary.
The specific deductibles, co-insurance and co-pay amounts will be determined upon individual verification. These amounts are specific to the patient's carrier and their particular plan.
We file claims for patients, and the patient is responsible for any charges not covered by their insurance carrier.
For questions regarding insurance or billing, please contact Mary Troha or Beth Liner in Gulf Coast Cancer Centers' Gulf Shores office at (251) 948-7897 or toll free at (866) 970-GCCC (4222).
- Oncology Nurse Mandi Webb Receives National Recognition for Blog and Innovative Patient Care Kit
- Vantage Oncology’s 50 Centers and More Than 350 Affiliated Physicians Join The US Oncology Network
NEW PATIENT CHECKLIST
The patient portal allows patients to manage their personal health information electronically at their own convenience.