In-Office Dispensing Improvements Reduce Staff Burden
- Front office staff in practice overwhelmed with managing benefits authorizations for growing volume of orals
- Delays in patient treatment schedules due to slow prior authorization processes
The US Oncology Network Approach
- Worked with In Office Dispensing (IOD) team to set up IOD in centralized location
- Hired a retail pharmacist with oral oncolytics expertise to manage IOD pharmacy
- Used McKesson technology to streamline operations, including Pharmacy Benefit Manager contracting, reimbursement support, and pharmacy claims adjudication
- Saved front office staff 24-36 hrs per week. Patients receive medications faster and more conveniently than outside pharmacies. Increased practice revenue through improved prior authorization process.